Thursday, September 2, 2010

The boys "read" the classics!

So, I was cleaning the kitchen the other day and listening to Glenn Beck on Facebook ("Restoring Honor Rally 8-28-2010") when the boys took it upon themselves to un-shelve many of our classics, stack them up beside the couch, and literally start to "read" them.
When caught in the act I ask "Boys! WHAT are you DOING with ALL those BOOKS?!?!"
"We're going to read them, mom," was the innocent answer from McKay and echoed by Elijah on the other end of the couch.
They were actually lying on the couch and thumbing through these masterpieces--even asking me to read them to them. Elijah later on asked me to read him the "Treatise on Rhetoric" by Aristotle! Yeah, I wish! I can't even understand that book!
So I made them put all the books back. And they did. Just like so:

Wouldn't it be cool if they really DID read all those books one day?! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment